Miramichi Branch - N.B. Genealogy Society : GENEALOGY FORUM

If you have a query about your Miramichi Roots, please select New Topic and post your query.
Members of the Miramichi Branch - New Brunswick Genealogy Society will attempt to reply to your query as soon as possible.
If you have some genealogy information that you think may be of interest to other users of this forum, you may post that as well.
To do a search of our Database containing Family Names transcribed from Headstones of all the Graveyards in Northumberland County, New Brunswick, go to our
Database Search Page..
More Genealogy information is available at the Miramichi Branch, N.B. Genealogy Society Website.
The fastest message board....ever.
Re: McIndoe Family
Posted by: polarbear (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2015 07:03PM

Penny thanks again for the info. The information on the headstone relates to Hugh Marquis and his wife Mary McIndoe as well as children that were lost at birth or shortly after.

Through research I've discovered that Mary's parents were John McIndoe who was a shipbuilder on Beaubear Island and Margaret Patterson. John and Margaret married on 24 Nov 1826 in Northumberland, New brunswick at what I believe was the Parish of Nelson.

I'm wondering two things is there any records of workers on the island? Is Margaret Patterson a decendant of the Patterson that arrive in Pictou, Nova Scotia in the 1770's?

If anyone is able to help with those questions I would be very greatful.

Subject Written By Posted
McIndoe Family polarbear 04/05/15 09:36AM
     Re: McIndoe Family Penny 09/09/15 04:05PM
        Re: McIndoe Family polarbear 11/14/15 07:03PM
           Re: McIndoe Family nbgsmiramichi 11/15/15 04:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.