Miramichi Branch - N.B. Genealogy Society : GENEALOGY FORUM

If you have a query about your Miramichi Roots, please select New Topic and post your query.
Members of the Miramichi Branch - New Brunswick Genealogy Society will attempt to reply to your query as soon as possible.
If you have some genealogy information that you think may be of interest to other users of this forum, you may post that as well.
To do a search of our Database containing Family Names transcribed from Headstones of all the Graveyards in Northumberland County, New Brunswick, go to our
Database Search Page..
More Genealogy information is available at the Miramichi Branch, N.B. Genealogy Society Website.
The fastest message board....ever.
Marquis Family
Posted by: polarbear (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2015 09:53AM

Hello I'm researching my family history of who started out in Chatham New Brunswick.
They arrived in the lated 1850's I don't have an exact time but the earliest record I have is from the 1871 cencus.

Hugh Marquis was born in late 1820's in Greenock, Scotland but have no birth records showing his parents. His wife is Mary (nee McIndoe) born in late 1820's on Beaubears Island but again no birth records.

If anyone should have information on them it would be greatly appreciated.

I also notice that there is a listing in the headstones list for Hugh and Mary Marquis in the Chatham Prot list. Is it possible to get a Photo of their headstone or at least the information written on them?

Thank you very much in advance!

PS One of their sons was a well known New Brunswick author and historian Thomas Guthrie Marquis

Subject Written By Posted
Marquis Family polarbear 04/05/15 09:53AM
     Re: Marquis Family Penny 09/09/15 02:44PM
        Re: Marquis Family polarbear 11/14/15 06:46PM
     Re: Marquis Family polarbear 12/16/15 09:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.