Miramichi Branch - N.B. Genealogy Society : GENEALOGY FORUM

If you have a query about your Miramichi Roots, please select New Topic and post your query.
Members of the Miramichi Branch - New Brunswick Genealogy Society will attempt to reply to your query as soon as possible.
If you have some genealogy information that you think may be of interest to other users of this forum, you may post that as well.
To do a search of our Database containing Family Names transcribed from Headstones of all the Graveyards in Northumberland County, New Brunswick, go to our
Database Search Page..
More Genealogy information is available at the Miramichi Branch, N.B. Genealogy Society Website.
The fastest message board....ever.
George Sutherland 1731 Family
Posted by: MiraSuth (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2015 06:33PM

My name is Richard Sutherland. I am a retired Air Force officer and live in Colorado Springs, Colorado, home of the Air Force Academy where I taught for over 20 years. I believe my 3rd great grandfather was George Sutherland, (DOB 1731). MacKinnon in his book Over the Portage: Early History of the Upper Miramichi tells the story of George and his family crossing over the portage from the Nashwaak to the Miramichi where they settled. MacKinnon lists the following children: William 1778, George 1784, Joseph 1786, James 1788, Elizabeth 1790, Thomas Francis 1792, Sarah 1794, Mary, Nancy and “at least two others,” including (I believe) my 2nd great grandfather, Robert (ca. 1810-1870), who lived on cadastral map plot 80 in Ludlow Parish. Moreover, map 86 (Blissfield/Blackville) shows the plots awarded George (1, 3), his sons as well as several of the men who married his daughters. In addition, I have the results of a Y-DNA test showing that I share a direct ancestor with the aforementioned James. I seek my information on my Miramichi Sutherlands as well as other male Sutherlands willing to submit a Y-DNA sample to confirm our shared ancestry.

Subject Written By Posted
George Sutherland 1731 Family MiraSuth 05/10/15 06:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.