Miramichi Branch - N.B. Genealogy Society : GENEALOGY FORUM

If you have a query about your Miramichi Roots, please select New Topic and post your query.
Members of the Miramichi Branch - New Brunswick Genealogy Society will attempt to reply to your query as soon as possible.
If you have some genealogy information that you think may be of interest to other users of this forum, you may post that as well.
To do a search of our Database containing Family Names transcribed from Headstones of all the Graveyards in Northumberland County, New Brunswick, go to our
Database Search Page..
More Genealogy information is available at the Miramichi Branch, N.B. Genealogy Society Website.
The fastest message board....ever.
Loggieville - Mary Constance Nolan
Posted by: JamesBerry (IP Logged)
Date: August 11, 2017 05:04AM

Hello, everyone!

Firstly, thank you for this valuable and needed resource!

If the NB Genealogy Society can help me, I'll gladly make a donation to help fund your continued work.

I'm attempting to find information--especially birth information and place of birth, for my great-grandmother, Mary Constance Nolan (nee Mazerol / Mazerolle / Muzerol, etc).

Here's what I have so far:

Birth Date: August 4, 1877
Death Date: November 20, 1950, in Loggieville
Father's name: Joseph Muzzeral (possible b. date 1840)
Mother's Name: Henriette / Henrietta Babineau (b circa 1843)

Mary Constance married George Nowlan October 29, 1906, in Escuiminac. Among their children is my grandfather, Alexander Richard Nolan (1915-1968).

George Nowlan (1855-1942) was the son of Daniel Nowlan / Nolan (born circa 1821) and Mary Nash (possible birthday approx 1819-1821).

There is a screencap from the Drouin Collection on Ancestry that claims to be a baptismal record for Mary Constance. However, it is dated 1889, more than a decade after her birth, and is for a Mary Christine, so I feel it can be safely rejected.

My grandmother, Annie Nolan (nee Patterson) was born in Chatham in 1930; she states that Mary Constance was a Native woman. I believe it more likely she was Metis based on the limited info I have.

I can provide a tentative ancestry for Mary Constance as well (I'm still verifying Ancestry.ca information) but I am chiefly attempting to show her Metis heritage, and I believe birth records (especially a location) would help clarify her ancestry as well.

I thank you very much,

James S. Berry
Dartmouth

Sources:
Death Certificate: [archives.gnb.ca]

Marriage Certificate: [archives.gnb.ca]

Subject Written By Posted
Loggieville - Mary Constance Nolan JamesBerry 08/11/17 05:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.